1. Which personal data are collected about you?
Rainonelaw offers a number of services, including our search features, that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
1.1 Information you provide usWhen you subscribe to bestlawyers.com or other rainonelaw services or promotions that require registration, Rainonelaw will collect personal data about you. The main categories of data collected are: your name, the name of your firm/company, email address, phone number, state (if based in the US), country, city and the content of the message you send with your request.
When you send Rainonelaw an email or other communications, the content of your message and our answer will be collected.
For certain goods or services, you might also communicate to us payment data which will be encrypted and securely stored on our servers.
1.2 Log InformationWhen you use Rainonelaw services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. The main categories of data collected are: web request, date and time of the request, IP address, browser type, browser language.
Rainonelaw implements links on its website in a format that allows it to keep track on whether these links have been followed.
1.3 Other information collected about youRainonelaw solicits nominations, as well as votes and commentary regarding potential and existing candidates for inclusion in its database of preeminent lawyers, expert referrals and other service providers.
Nominations on the website: your personal data will be communicated to Rainonelaw by third parties (clients, lawyers, marketing teams, other references). The main categories of data collected about you are: your name, gender, firm suffix, specialty, name of your firm, address, country, city, state (if based in the US), zip, fax number and email address. The person who nominates you can also choose to communicate your firm’s phone number, your phone number and a link to the firm’s website.
If you are nominating a lawyer: Rainonelaw also collects personal information about you. The main categories of data collected are: your name, your company’s name, full address, position/title, email address. You can also choose to provide us with a link to your company/firm’s website, your phone number and the way you got to know the nominee (“I’m a lawyer”/ “I work in a law firm” / “I’m an outside publicist consultant” / “I’m a client” / “Other” including a description if you choose “Other”).
Rainonelaw affiliated websites: Rainonelaw offers services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to these websites can be sent to Rainonelaw for the purposes described below. If you want more information on the personal data you might communicate on these websites, please consult their Privacy Policies.
2. What are the purposes for processing and what are the legal bases?Rainonelaw processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected. We periodically review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services.
3. Who are the recipients of your data?Your data will be used by authorized employees of Rainonelaw when necessary for carrying out the above listed purposes.
Rainonelaw also communicates your data to its authorized Processors in the following categories:
Media Partners: Rainonelaw may provide your information for the purpose of publicizing the Rainonelaw rankings to different regional and global media partners.
Publishing Partners: Rainonelaw may provide your information for the purpose of publishing our Rainonelaw rankings in a Rainonelaw magazine or book.
4. SecurityRainonelaw will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security regarding the risk incurred and protect your personal data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
5. What are your rights? How can you exercise them?Rainonelaw makes every commercially reasonable effort to ensure changes to Lawyers’, Experts’, and Service Providers’ Bio Pages are updated in a timely manner, provided that the request for changes is made in writing and signed by Lawyer, Expert, or Service Provider, or his or her firm contact.
Rainonelaw makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required.
6. EnforcementRainonelaw periodically reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Rainonelaw’ treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Rainonelaw, LLC, 801 Broad Street, Suite 950, Augusta, GA 30901, USA.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Rainonelaw’ policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns.
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Rainonelaw and an individual.